Craigslist Willys Jeep Truck
The first Jeep Truck was very similar to the Willys Station Wagon which was produced virtually during the exact same time period. It also shared some commonalities with the Willys Jeepster and shared the same transmission with the CJ-2A. The unique element with the Willys Jeep Truck was that it was a pickup with a 1 ton and half ton rating. Common to other Willys vehicles of the time it had several engine options and variations over the years. This included the four (4) cylinder Go-Devil and Hurricane along with the six (6) culinder Super Hurricane and Tornado.
Willys Jeep Pickup Truck Specs
- Production & Model Years: 1947 - 1965
- Class: Full Size Pickup Truck
- Body style: 2-door pickup truck, cab-chassis & stake bed
- Layout: Front engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive
- Engines: 2.2L I4, 3.7L & 3.8L I6
- Transmission: 3-speed Borg-Warner T-90 manual
- Wheelbase: 118 in (2,997 mm)
- Length: 183.8 in (4,669 mm)
- Width: 73.0 in (1,854 mm)
- Height: 74.4 in (1,890 mm)
- Curb weight: 3,100 lb (1,406 kg) to 3,300 lb (1,497 kg)
The Willys Jeep Truck was succeeded by the Jeep Gladiator which ran until 1988 which was then replaced by the Jeep Comanche. The Comanche was discontinued in 1992 making it the last Jeep pickup truck. There have however, been concepts and rumors of a reinvigorated and modern Jeep Gladiator.